What is Swedish Body Massage?
Is a great massage its firm yet relaxing and can help ease tension in the neck and shoulders. And promote a feeling of general well being.It is one of the most commonly provided massages and it’s techniques vary from light to vigorous. Commonly used techniques in Swedish Body massage are Petrissage, Effleurage, Tapotement, Friction and Vibration.Just let us know whether you prefer a lighter or firmer massage and we can tailor it to suit you.
What to expect
A consultation with therapist to check that massage is fine for you and also to find out what you want to get from the massage. Its generally a full body massage which includes back neck shoulders arms and legs. If you would prefer a more time spent on a particular area back or shoulders for example, just let us know. Massage is performed using massage cream or oil
Swedish Body Massage can help:
- With relaxation
- Regular Swedish Body Massage (SBM) can help to lower blood pressure
Options for treatment:
- An hours full body swedish body massage
- SBM combined with deep abdominal massage possibly 30 minutes of each
- 1 hour of SBM combined with a facial massage
Circumstances under which Massage should be avoided (contraindications)
- In the first 3 months of pregnancy
- Heart conditions
- If you have varicose veins we will avoid this area