Reiki is an ancient Japanese energy healing treatment developed by Dr Usui (1865 – 1926). It is believed he began teaching Reiki around 1920
What happens during a Reiki Session?
You lie comfortably on a couch fully clothed, covered with a blanket.
Reiki practitioners channels universal energy (qi) through their hands. During a treatment hands can be placed on, or above the person. It is believed that Reiki helps to balance the energetic body thus supporting the bodies natural ability to heal.
In the begining the energy surrounding the body is scanned with the hands sensing and checking where to work. Then hands are laid on or above particular areas where the practitioner feels changes in the energy. Or the practictioner may work more systematically through the chakras (energy centres in the body).
A Reiki treatment is very relaxing and you may:
- fall asleep
- see colours when your eyes are closed
- feel heat from the persons hands
- feel energy movement through the body
- everyone is different and each experience is individual and you may feel all or none of these sensations.
Benefits of Reiki
- Reiki helps your body return to a state of relaxation
- It carries no contraindications and is one of the few treatments you can have when you have when you have medical conditions that might usually stop you from having treatments such as massage and reflexology.
Reiki The Legacy of Dr Usui – Rediscovered documents on the origins and developments of the Reiki System – By Frank Arjava Petter
Reiki Best Practices, Wonderful Tools of Healing for The First, Second and Third Degree of Reiki – By Walter Lubeck, Frank Arjava Petter
Reiki 200 Questions and Answers for Beginners – by Lawrence Ellyard
The Original Reiki Handbook of Dr. Mikao Usui – By Dr. Mikao Usui and Frank Arjava Petter.